Thursday, November 1, 2012

Squats,Deads,Bench, Chiropractic and Physio Week

I am so hungry.  My calf is healing so well.  I am starting to ramp up my lower body training again.  I am still unable to do movements like power cleans and any quick changes in direction.  I am squatting again as of last night with decent weight.  I was trying to do some speed work but if you aren't 100% confident you tend to hold back during an injury.  My calf wasn't an issue during speed work but just having it in my mind made me gun shy.

I visit my good friend Dr. Dave Gendron once per week for some ART work.  The very first treatment made me a little teary eyed, not gonna lie!  haha    I also go to physio once per week.  While there I am treated with ultrasound and given some exercises for rehab.   One thing that was identified at physio was the probably cause of my calf tear.  My ankles are weak as fuck.  I had a little drunk mishap as a kid in high school on New Year's Eve 2000.  Y2K was the least of my worries.   I jumped off a cliff roughly 15ft and tried a perfect gymnast landing.   Long story short... multiple 2nd degree sprains on both feet and crutches.
I saw a doctor once in the ER but no follow up for rehab work.  Thanks Mom and Dad!   Anyways I have had issues over the years but just chalked it up to and old injury.  I never thought it'd come back to haunt me years later.   My physio doctor said it was a matter of time before some happened considering my ankles were a weak link.  This time it was my calf.   I now have an exercise schedule to correct this and improve my bio-mechanics.   I had to ask about my knees caving in while squatting and deadlifting too.   Answer- weak hips!  Paul and Jordan told me that but I didn't know how to correct this except forcing my knees outward while doing those movements.  I now have an exercise schedule for this as well.  As much training as I do and I still have these weak links.  I wish I lived closer to my trainers!!  Moving on...

This week ---

MONDAY
20 mins of foam rolling, hip mobility work and used my new massage stick!  Loose!
Squats-
305 x 3
350 x 3
390 x 3
405 x 1
**All beltless, stopped there. Didn't want to push the leg too much.

Bench-
220 x 5
250 x 5
285 x 5
315 x 1
335 x 1 (better than 315)

Barbell Rows-
225 x 10
245 x 10
245 x 10
**Bent 90 degrees, hard

Weighted Crunches-
135 x 20 x 2 sets


WEDNESDAY
20 mins of hip mobility, foam rolling and the new stick again! Love it

Speed Deads-
225 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3
245 x 3
245 x 3
*Getting fast again.

Strict Log-
155 x 5
175 x 5
210 x 7

Skipped RDL's, will start adding more lower movements back in.  Just doing the main lifts for now.

Chin Ups-
8, 7, 5, 5

A1. One Arm DB Press-
       65 x 12
       90 x 10
A2.  Retracted Scap Laterals-
       25 x 12
       25 x 12

Good workout, things are coming along nicely.  Just need to do my rehab work and increase my mobility work again K-Starr style!  

Next competition...  Paul and Sarah's Push/Pull in December!!  http://www.ultimatefitnessgyms.com/gyms_renfrew.html




No comments:

Post a Comment