Sunday, July 28, 2013

RECHARGED!

Hey Folks!

I always get pumped up to get blogging my workouts and experiences but there comes a time when I fall off on my promise to myself.  Why? Life gets fucked.

My last blog had me dedicating my next Strongman competition with the World's Natural Strongman Federation to my father-in-law.  Read my last blog and you will understand why.   After I made that post I hit training events again with a determination like never before.  I was zoned in.

Super Yoke, Monster Dumbell pressing, Husafell Stone etc...  PLUS transport pulling in prep for a HUUUUUUGE Strongman comp I am promoting in my neck of the woods.  That will be in October by the way.  Details are being planned as we speak...

Something happened though... after Pop got out of the hospital and came home it was different.  I was losing the drive to practice the events and just started fitting my workouts in when I could.    In my spare time or on days off, all I wanted to do was hang out with my father-in-law.   When I would hit my "gym" workouts then I would smash it but when it came to events training my head wasn't into it.  I knew how important those sessions were but dedicated #StrongmanSundays were fit into Thursdays or even broke up over a couple workouts in the week.

I had the support of my boys Ian, Adrian, Jon C, J-Howw, Joe Doran, Austyn and Collin.  I just wanted to hang with Pop.  When I wasn't around him I just needed to hear his voice on the phone saying that he had a 'good' day or see it for myself in person.  

The WNSF show in Maryland that was supposed to happen this weekend fell through.   Now what?  Well, the US promoter bailed but the World's Natural guys scrambled to put something together.  I now will be road trippin' down on Aug 9th to Bridgeport West Virginia!  

I also just got back from a cottage on Weslemkoon Lake (2+ hour drive from my house) this weekend.    We went with the whole family and enjoyed it so much.  Although I am doing a little more cardio and watching my diet (trimming down for overall health reasons) I enjoyed whatever was put in front of me the last two days.  YOLO?

It has been a long haul since Pop had his brain surgery and his radiation treatments.  We are all exhausted  but especially Nan & Pop.  It was amazing to see them laugh and actually enjoy life for a change.  We were on an amazing lake in a beautiful cottage.  Pop has made so much progress and even got to fish a little.

One of the highlights for me this weekend was drinking a pot of coffee with him this morning while talking and looking out at the lake.  It was a shock when I went inside for a pee and saw that it was noon!! Four hours of coffee and having a "Big Boy and Pop" talk.  Loved it.

After seeing how great of a time everyone had, it feels ok to relax a bit.   The batteries have been recharged so to speak.  So it looks as if I must bust my ass before I deload into the WNSF West Virginia show!!!
I say this again... time to start blogging again!!

Events tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment