Friday, June 7, 2013

Let's Start Posting F'N Workouts Again! From June 6th, 2012

On July 27th I will be competing for the World's Natural Strongman Federation again in a Team Canada vs Team USA show!   It will be held in Columbia Maryland, USA and I couldn't be happier.   Walking away from the sport didn't last too long but I still am sporting the new attitude.  I am where I need to be mentally... FINALLY!!

Anyways...   here is my workout from June 6th.

Warm Up- 30 mins of PVC rolling, LAX ball, Mobility work, physio rehab shit for left shoulder impingement

Front Squats- beltless
135 x 4 x 2 sets
225 x 3 x 2 sets
275 x 3
300 x 8    *was supposed to hit 6 but forgot and drilled eight
*Felt awesome with lots of power

Slingshot Bench Press-
135 x 8
225 x 12
275 x 8 x 3 sets
*Nothing too crazy, just jacking up the tri's for a big overhead press!

A1. Barbell Rows (underhand) - 135 x 12, 225 x 8, 10, 10
A2. Face Pulls (green Rogue short bands off Yoke) - 12, 12, 12

B1. Landmines - +25lbs x 26, 26, 26
B2. Hammer Curls - 30lbs x 20, 20, 20


Great workout in my garage!  Time to rep Canada baby!!

I am dedicating my performance on July 27th to my father-in-law Steve "Pop" Keech.  He recently underwent surgery to remove a brain tumor which was successful but he was admitted into ICU after complications with excessive swelling.  He just got out of ICU into a semi-private room this afternoon and now the journey continues with radiation and chemo.  He is really showing me how to be a strong man.

Keep it up Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment