Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Squattin' ...Power Greens and Mob Work

I woke up this morning and started my day off with some Power Greens from Cygen and a trip to my chiropractor for some ART!! 

Dr. Dave Gendron went to work and hit my calf up with some active release technique therapy.  Everything is healing great! 

Yesterday I went to physio and they put the laser to it, hooked up a stim machine so I could perform calf raises for ten minutes while this thing fires away.  I also had to balance on some squishy foot pad to build up my ankle strength.   All the lifting I do and I end up looking like a bitch on small little exercises.    It's working though.

Back to today... SQUATS.

There is a video of my squatting my the camera died on my last set 2 reps shy.  Meh... I may upload it tomorrow.

20 mins of PVC rolling, mobility work like the following...




Thanks Jordan...  I did these prior to my squats.  It helps me get better positioning... no need to do these if you do partial squats like a douche on a Smith machine.  This is to help people who want to perform with good form and prevent injury.

Squats-
135 x 6 x 2 sets
225 x 3 x 2 sets
275 x 3
275 x 1 belt added
305 x 3
350 x 3
390 x 5
*decided not to do heavier singles, didn't feel like my lower was recovered enough from Sunday's deadlift session

Bulgarian Split Squats-
10 per leg x 3 sets
10 left leg
10 left leg
*extra sets for lagging left strength

Full Contact Twists-
20 reps x 2 sets per side

Physio-Given Exercises-
Multi Angle Calf Raises x 3 sets (10, 15, 15 reps)
Ankle Stability Movements with Bands

Ended with some lower stretching!  Not bad, squats need work for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment