Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday Night @ YMCA Quinte - Front Squats and Speed Bench

Went earlier tonight to avoid the evening rush.  It worked... nobody was using the squat rack!

I warmed up at home with foam rolling, stretching and mobility work.

Front Squats- worked up to 70% as prescribed, all sets beltless
135 x 4 x 2 sets
185 x 2 x 2 sets
185 x 4  *felt perfect
*230lbs x 8 and it felt easy! Solid

Speed Bench- 60%  8 sets x 3 reps
215lbs x 3 x 8 sets
*Kept speed throughout all eight sets, no wrist wraps

GHR- 10, 10, 8  * best glute and hamstring exercise ever
Hanging Leg Raises- 20, 15  *major cramping again
Chest Supported Row- 150 x 15, 170 x 12, 190 x 8  *huge upper back pump
Back Extensions +10lbs plate held straight out- 15, 15  *lower back just on fire!

This workout was pretty good. After my two main exercises all the assistance work was done in straight sets but only a minute between sets.  My body feels so much better this way.  I am rotating my main lifts Cube style but the split and assistance work is based off a Jordan Foley program he did for me in the past.

Can't wait to see how this goes.  I know it feels better than ever.

I have a gastro-scope tomorrow so no food after midnight and none until 3:30pm.  I will make up for it tonight and tomorrow night.  Gluttony rules.

Just for the hell of it, here is part of our conditioning session on Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment