Thursday, February 21, 2013

100% RAW Meet Recap -- Garbage

The meet last weekend was shit.  Not due to the organizers or other lifters (although we were running late), just due to my performance.  Thank you to Barry McEvoy and crew!
Despite the illness I had 2 weeks ago and a heavy head cold going into the meet I still thought I had more in my tank.  Losing twelves pounds in one week apparently hurt me.  Once again, shit happens.  Time to plan my next meet.



As you can see, when I touched the bar to my chest on bench it was quite high.  I should have got my head clear and focus.
For deadlifts I think more speed off the floor would have helped but still not guarantee all whites. Just didn't have it that day.




Next phase of training equals more volume!  More muscle equals more strength.

Day after meet...@ YMCA
Overhead Jerks-
worked up to 205lbs x 1 x 3 sets
Standing DB Press-
40 x 15
50 x 15
60 x 15
70 x 12
Side DB Raises-
25lbs x 10 x 3 sets
Rear Delt Row Machine (high pull)-
70 x 12 x 4 sets


Monday (Family Day) @ YMCA
Rack Pulls (below knee)
worked up to...
455 x 1
475 x 1
485 x 1
Parallel Grip Pull Ups- 5,5,5,4
Wide Grip Pull Ups-3,3,3
Chin Ups- 3,3

DB Curls-
40 x 8 x 2 sets
Unilateral Curl Machine-
70 x 12,12,8

GHR-
10,8,8



Wednesday Night @ YMCA
Bench-
215lbs x 3 x 8 sets
*kept speed on all sets, beautiful

Incline DB Press-
55 x 13
90 x 15
100 x 10

Dips-
5,6,5,5
Standing Barbell Tri Extensions-
60 x 30,25,25

Pumped as fuck and out in 70 mins complete with warm up.


All workouts preceded by 15 mins warmup consisting of foam rolling, band work and stretches.


Next week I will be pretty much doing the same type of split but adding in more bodyweight assistance work and circuits.  The main lift will be rotated through max effort work, rep work and speed training just like Brandon Lilly's Cube Method.  The assistance work will be modified to focus on more weak points and functionality instead of bodybuilder-ish.   Why? I am taking up grappling for now which just may evolve into more serious fight training in the near future.  Until then... I have a date with a 400lbs bench press and 600lbs deadlift.  I BELIEVE I can achieve this following my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment